Tuesday, April 22, 2008
BÒ BÍA ( JICAMA FRESH ROLLS)
This Rolls is very popular in Vietnam , it's kind of nack or finger foods and easy to find any where in the street or in front of School .I used to like this when I'm was student in VN .
Jicama Fresh Rolls
1 Jicama root
1 carrot (option )
4 chinese sausage
1/2 cup small dried shrimp
Green Salad or head lettuce
Mint ,Cilantro ,roast peanuts
Sauce : 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce,chili sauce
1 Tps Peanuts butter ,1/4 cup fresh milk ,
1) Shredded Jicama and Carrot and pan fried it with little oil until cook or you can put in Mirowave over for 3 min or until cook .
2) Cook Chinese sausage and slice thin .
3) Pan Fried the egg like a pan cake and cut in strip .
4) Soak shrimp in water for awhile and pan fried to cook the shrimp .
5) Roast peanut - chop in piece .
---Fill a large bowl with hot water (but not too hot, as you’ll be dipping your fingers in it).
---Soak a rice paper in a water bowl and take out right away put it in flat suface like plate or cutting board ..ect
--- In order to the rice paper little of each kind : Salad + mint + jicama + carrot + 3 slice chinese sausage + 3 slice eggs + pinch of shrimp + pinch of roast peanut and wrap two side and roll it tight like spring roll method .
Make Sauce :
Put little oil on small pot and little chop shallot and put hoisin sauce + milk + peanut butter bring to boil and turn off , cool it and serve with your rolls add little hot chili sauce for a kick :0
PS: ( you check to adjust it if it too watery or too thick ) if too watery put some more hoisin sauce and too thick put little more milk )